We want your solid gold ideas...AND WE’LL PAY FOR THEM!
We want to encourage McCarthy-Bush Corporation employees to speak up and be heard in the workplace. The Mining for Gold program is your opportunity to help solve a problem, produce higher quality products/services, provide cost or time savings – and GET REWARDED FOR IT!
How the Program Works
Mining for Gold improvement ideas can be submitted by eligible employees throughout the year using this online form or by submitting a paper form – available for download here or at your company’s main office. An evaluation committee made up of representatives from each company will review submitted ideas and select a $500 CASH PRIZE winner each quarter. Once a year, one Mother Lode winner will be selected to win an expense paid vacation to a destination of their choice (up to $6,000 or cash payout equivalent)!
Ready to submit your solid gold idea? Complete the submission form or explore the frequently asked questions below for more details on the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Mining for Gold committee is made up of representatives from each company. They’re responsible for evaluating submitted ideas, answering questions you may have and being champions during implementation for ideas selected. Please email email@example.com if you’re interest in becoming a committee member in the future.
- Arik Loane (Linwood Mining)
- Eric Davis (Oertel Metal Works)
- Mark Freyermuth (McCarthy-Bush Corp)
- Leslie Wells (Bush Construction)
- Kevin Reuter (Clinton Engineering)
- Billy Stevens (McCarthy Improvement)
Standing Administrative Committee Members
Must be employed by a McCarthy-Bush company to submit and claim awards. Participation eligibility varies by company and is as follows:
- Bush Construction: Anyone at a Director level or above is ineligible. All others are eligible.
- Clinton Engineering: All field employees are eligible. All others are ineligible.
- Linwood Mining & Minerals: All hourly employees, union and non-union, are eligible. Anyone outside of these parameters is ineligible.
- McCarthy Improvement: All hourly employees, union and non-union, are eligible. Project Managers and Superintendents will also be considered for evaluation. All others are ineligible.
- McCarthy-Bush Corp: Anyone at a Director level or above is ineligible. All others are eligible.
- Oertel Metal Works: President and Continuous Improvement Manager are ineligible. All others are eligible.
Employees will have the opportunity to submit innovative ideas to solve problems, produce higher quality products/services, identify easier ways of performing work, and provide cost/time savings for the company and for our customers.
- The Golden Nugget: $500 cash award chosen and distributed quarterly**
- The Mother Lode: Paid vacation to a destination of your choosing (up to $6,000 value or cash equivalent)
*All awards will be distributed via payroll and subject to Federal and State income tax withholding
*Multiple ideas could be selected for The Golden Nugget and The Mother Lode at the discretion of the Evaluation Committee. Equally, the Evaluation Committee may determine not to choose a winner should an idea not be suitable.
To submit an idea you need to complete the submission form which is available online by clicking here or via paper submission.
Online form: Click here to be navigated to the online submission form. Complete all fields then click submit.
Paper form: Paper versions of this form are available in each company's main office or can be downloaded by clicking here. Completed forms can be submitted by:
- Scan in and email your submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand in your completed form to your company's committee member (see the full list of committee members in the first FAQ question)
- Hand in your completed form to the reception desk at the Victoria office
You may have a solid gold idea if it provides one of the following:
- cost savings
- time savings
- quality or safety improvements
- liability reduction
- productivity enhancements
Feel free to work with your manager to work through your idea!
Your chances of winning are higher when you submit a well thought-through idea. On the submission form we'll be looking for the following information:
- Short description of the problem
- Proposed solution
- Anticipated outcome
- Estimated cost (if known)
The Evaluation Committee will receive and perform a feasibility review of all submittals and select a Golden Nugget winner each quarter. The Evaluation Committee may follow up with the employee should clarity or further information be needed. The Evaluation Committee will consult senior-leadership and management to vet submittals as needed. Two or more winners may be selected per quarter at the discretion of the Evaluation Committee. Likewise, it may be determined no winner is selected should an idea not be suitable.
The Evaluation Committee will consider the best idea of the year using the following parameters:
- Annual Savings
- Safety Improvement
- Liability Reduction
- Productivity Enhancement
Mother Lode winner can be a previous Golden Nugget winner but does not have to be. The Evaluation Committee will consult senior-leadership and management to vet submittals as needed. Two or more winners may be selected at the discretion of the Evaluation Committee. Likewise, it may be determined no winner is selected should an idea not be suitable.
Submissions can be made year-round. You must submit your idea by the quarter's submission deadline to be considered for that quarter's winner. If you miss the deadline, your idea will be put in the pool of submissions for the following quarter.
|Submission Dates/Deadline||Winner Announced By*|
|Quarter 1||Ideas submitted between Dec. 1 and Feb. 28.||April 15|
|Quarter 2||Ideas submitted between March 1 – May 31.||July 15|
|Quarter 3||Ideas submitted between June 1 – Aug. 30.||Oct. 15|
|Quarter 4||Ideas submitted between Sept. 1 – Nov. 30.||Jan. 15|
Winners will be announced at quarterly All Hands meetings. Following the All Hands meeting, an all-company email announcement will be sent as well. Should an All Hands meeting not take place, the initial announcement will be made via all company email.
If you complete the form online, you should receive an automated thank you message indicating your submission was completed.
Within 2-3 business days of submitting a form, the evaluation committee will send a confirmation email to confirm receipt with the employee (if email is provided). If you do not receive a confirmation email, please follow up with the committee to ensure technical errors did not occur at email@example.com.
Yes. Any ideas not selected for a “Golden Nugget” award may be revised and resubmitted.
The McCarthy-Bush Leadership team will assign a Champion to facilitate the implementation of each approved suggestion. Depending on company role and logistics, the submitting employee may or may not be involved in implementation of the approved suggestion. The Evaluation Committee will follow up on progress/results 6-12 months following the start of implementation.